1. How do DenteShield™ products differ from the competition?
In addition to a physical barrier, all SelenBio DenteShield™ products incorporate Seldox™, which creates an antimicrobial, biological barrier killing any bacteria that may reach the tooth’s surface.
2. Are DenteShield™ products BPA free?
Yes. All DenteShield™ products are free of BPA (bisphenol A).
3. Does Seldox™ alter the product’s taste?
No difference in taste has been reported between products containing Seldox™ and products without.
4. Will DenteShield™ products alter tooth color?
Laboratory tests have shown no clinically visible discoloration or change in tooth shade as a result of using DenteShield™ products.
5. Can DenteShield™ sealants and primers be used with my current orthodontic adhesive?
Yes. DenteShield™ Light Cure Otho Enamel Surface Sealant and DenteShield™ Orthodontic Primer are designed and tested for use with either DenteShield™ Light Cure Orthodontic Adhesive or currently available light cure orthodontic adhesives from other manufacturers.
Additionally, an independent laboratory test concluded that DenteShield™ sealants and primers showed no significant affect on the shear bond strength of common orthodontic adhesives, and performed favorably compared to leading sealants and primers.
6. Will DenteShield™ sealant and primer brush off over time?
Results from a study simulating 24 months of tooth brushing showed only 30% average loss over the course of two years.
Where can I find more information on trials and clinical studies?
Downloadable reports may be found here.